Want to look like a rock star baker without actually baking? This is your dish. My roommate taught me how to make this dessert a few years ago and it was love at first bite. It is super easy to make, and super delicious. What more could you ask for? And even though I love this pie, I don’t allow myself to make it that often due to the fact that once I start, I can’t stop. Once I actually ate half the pie by myself…in one sitting. Not one of my finer moments…but there it is. Enjoy!
Ice Cream Pie
- 30 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 quart chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 16 0z. jar of hot fudge (I use Mrs. Richards – it's the best)
- Crush Oreo cookies. (This can be done in two different ways. You can put them in a plastic bag and smash them with a spoon or you can put them in a food processor.)
- Melt butter and add to the cookie crumble.
- To make the pie crust, smash the cookie and butter mixture into the bottom of the dish and up onto the sides.
- Once the crust is done, put it in the freezer for 30-45 minutes.
- While the crust is setting up, take out the ice cream and let it soften.
- Once your crust is set, fill the shell with the softened ice cream. (you can fill it all the way to the edge of the crust- about 1 quart.)
- Put the pie back in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Once the ice cream has firmed back up, put the hot fudge in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. (It should not be too hot, but warm enough that it is spreadable.)
- Spread about 1/2–3/4 of the jar over the ice cream until it is completely covered.
- Put the pie back in the freezer for a few hours.
- Try not to eat the entire thing by yourself.