BIG NEWS!! After months and months of looking for a dog, my brother and his girlfriend FINALLY got a puppy. She is some sort of cocker spaniel mix and she's pretty freaking adorable. I mean look...
That is ONE cute pup, am I right?! So, to welcome Nala to the family, I thought it was appropriate to make some celebration cookies! These cookies are a variation of my favorite Birthday Cakes Cookies, with the added crunch of white chocolate chips and Birthday Cake Teddy Grahams.
To be honest, I might even like them better than the Birthday Cake Cookies. For some reason, I just have this soft spot for Teddy Grahams...and they happen to be amazing in these cookies. Even though Nala is still only eating milk, I think she would approve of these cookies because her parents definitely do!
Teddy Graham Celebration Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons imitation vanilla
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Birthday Cake Teddy Grahams, crushed
- 36 Birthday Cake Teddy Grahams for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine butter and sugar. Mix on high until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extracts.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in sprinkles, white chocolate chips and crushed Teddy Grahams.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop dough balls onto baking sheet 3 to 4 inches apart.
- With the palm of your hand or the back of a large wooden spoon, flatten cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Add a Teddy Graham to each cookie immediately after taking them out of the oven. Let them cool on cookie sheet before moving to a wire rack.
*Makes about 36 cookies.