I have been in Bavaria, Germany for almost three weeks now. The people have been amazing, the food has been great and I have had so many wonderful experiences. But, I am not going to lie, I have had a little difficulty in the kitchen. So many of the ingredients here are different from those in the USA. Some things, like baking soda, don't even exist. When I asked where it was, people were looking at me like I was crazy.
So this means some of the things I am baking have needed a little bit of tweaking. There were some disastrous macarons, some mediocre chocolate chip cookies, and some odd looking Jumbles. One thing I have found that is definitely the same in both Germany and the USA is the Oreo. Nothing beats a good old fashioned Oreo dipped in milk (or my personal favorite, peanut butter).
But for some reason, no one here had ever heard of "Cookies & Cream" - which is arguably one of the best flavors of all time. So I made the Bavarians some Cookies & Cream Cookies. They were skeptical at first, but after one bite, they were hooked.
Cookies & Cream Cookies are usually pretty great, but these have cornstarch in them to make them extra soft and chewy. The marshmallows add a nice surprise and the sprinkles are there for obvious reasons. I am obsessed with these cookies - so if you are a big Oreo fan, make these ASAP.
Cookies & Cream Confetti Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 2 cups chopped Oreos, divided
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Add flour, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of marshmallows, 1 1/2 cups crushed Oreos, and sprinkles.
- Place dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop out cookie dough.
- Bake for 11 - 13 minutes.
- Place a few of the remaining mini marshmallows and Oreos on top of each cookie. Place back in the oven for 30 seconds.
- Let cool on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
*Makes 25 Cookies