The combination of sweet and salty strikes again, and this time, it is in the form of a Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffle. I know it is a mouthful to say, but big flavor calls for a big name. These truffles are delicious, easy to make, and the perfect size for entertaining. But the best part is, they are pretty unique. Not many people have tried something like this before, - so you are sure to impress anyone who gets their hands on one. Or, you can skip the sharing idea, and have yourself a nice little sweet and salty snack for the rest of the week. The choice is yours.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles
- 3 cups thin pretzels (uncrushed)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbs butter, softened
- 4 tbs brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbs powdered sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Put pretzels in a plastic bag and crush into small bits.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and salt. Stir until all ingredients are completely blended and smooth.
- Add pretzel bits to peanut butter mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Take a spoonful of the mixture and form into a ball. (If the peanut butter starts sticking to your fingers, run your fingers under cold water, and begin rolling again).
- Place balls onto a plate or cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper. Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 20 minutes.
- After the peanut butter balls have chilled, prepare your chocolate. Pour the chocolate chips into a small microwaveable bowl. Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds and then stir. Continue this microwave/stir routine at 10 second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Place one peanut butter ball into the melted chocolate and gently roll it around with a fork until completely coated. Remove from the bowl with the fork and place back on the plate. Repeat for all other balls.
- Once they are all coated, place them back in the refrigerator for another 20-30 minutes.