Happy Valentine's Day everyone! To all the people who have loved and supported me through the years, I REALLY REALLY like all of you. To those who have ever made me feel worthless, or like I wasn't good enough, or just bad about myself in any way - I DISLIKE all of your faces.
Seriously...today can bring up a lot of mixed emotions. If you are happy and in love...congratulations. We are all so very happy for you. But if you are not feeling great and worrying about someone who made you feel like you were not worth it - I'm sorry. That really sucks. But you know what? They are wrong. You are totally worth it. And if they made you feel like that, they probably shouldn't be in your lives anyway. In the words of Queen B, "Boy, Bye".
Today I made a Valentine's Day Cookie Pie. This was by far my mom's favorite thing to bake and because I don't get to tell her I love her today, I thought it was appropriate to make in honor of her. And I think she would be proud that I am trying no not let what other people think about me dictate how I feel about myself. Happy Valentine's Day to all! And remember - you ARE worth it!
Valentine's Day Cookie Cake
- 1 cups flour + 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&M's
- Canned frosting
- Pink food coloring
- Small Star Tip
- Piping bag
- Small Alphabet cookie cutters
for the cookie cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a heart cake pan with parchment.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt with a whisk and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, on medium speed, beat melted butter and both sugars until well combined.
- Reduce speed to low and add egg and vanilla extract. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and M&M's.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges of the cookie begin to brown.
- Set aside to cool.
for the decorations:
- Tint canned frosting pink with food coloring.
- Prepare a piping bag with a star tip.
- Fill the bag with the pink icing. Create a border around the heart.
- Roll out a small amount of fondant.
- Cut out letters (any saying you want) and place on the cookie cake.